Landlord and Tenant
Landlord and tenant law is tightly regulated, so when a legal issue arises relating to leasehold property it pays to get the right advice. At Raymond Saul, we have over four decades of experience representing landlords and tenants of commercial and residential property in contentious and noncontentious matters.
This is a highly technical area. At Raymond Saul, your work will always be carried out by a senior solicitor familiar with the many permutations and intricacies of landlord and tenant law.
Armed with a thorough understanding of the rules and with regular exposure to some of the more challenging issues that arise in this area of law, our solicitors provide commercially focused, cost-effective and practical advice.
We act for a range of commercial landlords and tenants in the City and across the country. The work we do involves contentious and noncontentious complex leasehold transactions as well as the resolution of disputes. It includes:
- — Advice on lease terms — Including covenant breaches, nonpayment of rent
- — Dilapidation and disrepair issues
- — Service charge disputes and recovery
- — Guidance on new leases, lease renewals and rent reviews
- — The assignment and subletting of existing leases to third parties
- — Securing licences for alterations and upgrades of leased property
- — Advice on eviction notices and the removal of unauthorized occupants
- — Business tenancies under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- — Assured tenancies and assured shorthold tenancies
If you own the lease of a flat in London or elsewhere, we can advise on:
- — Residential sales and purchases
- — Leasehold sales and purchases
- — Purchase of freehold by you and a group of other leaseholders
- — Lease extensions
- — Service charge and block management disputes
You will find our team proactive, responsive and flexible in approach. We put great emphasis on understanding your position fully and getting to grips with the key issues of your transaction or dispute before advising you on the way forward.
Call us on 020 7480 5840 or contact us online.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER+